How to Watch Hulu on PS4 in UK [September 2021 Updated]
Sony PS4 and PS3 are the most successful gaming consoles. They also support streaming applications, such as Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and others.
So, if you are located outside the US region and are exploring “how to watch Hulu in UK on PS4“, you will need a Hulu streaming VPN.
Besides this, older methods like manually changing the DNS on your PS4 and using SmartDNS resources are no longer working. The only reliable working method is the use of VPNs.
They are excellent for streaming functioning and maintaining a solid layer of digital security in an online environment. Following are the tested and best Hulu VPNs for your PS4 and PS3.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on PS4 [Overview]
In simple steps, you can watch Hulu to PS4 and PS3 in the UK or from anywhere. Here is a summary of best-performing VPNs on Gaming consoles like PS4 and others.
How to Watch Hulu on PS4 in UK?
Since there are no dedicated VPN apps for PS4, PS5, and PS3. Therefore, it demands little extra effort to access Hulu. Generally, we have the following three options to use a VPN connection on favorite Sony PlayStation 4, and others.
- Buying a Pre-Configured Router
- Configuring a VPN on your Wi-Fi Router
- Using a SmartDNS Connection on PlayStation®
Method 1 – Buying a Pre-Configured VPN Router
To make it a little easier, the first and easiest approach is to consider buying a pre-configured VPN router from a reputed service like ExpressVPN. In parallel, if you are not tech-savvy, you can get pre-configured DD-WRT and Tomato VPN routers from Flash Routers.
There are many market VPNs like ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark, PureVPN, IPVanish, CyberGhost routers available. Always consider the service that is reliable and best fits your needs.
This will give you access to the VPN client within the router, which you can use to connect to a US server. Resultantly, you will be able to stream Hulu entire library on your PS4 and on other gaming consoles.
Method 2 – Configuring a VPN on your router
If your Wi-Fi router supports a VPN connection you are good to take a start. At first, log into your router dashboard by typing “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1” in your web browser. Next, enter your login details.
You can find out by checking your router’s default model credentials, reading the router’s handprint manual, or contacting your local ISP. Once you have access to the dashboard, look for a way to set up a “VPN” connection.
In case if you do not have such an option, you will need to upgrade the existing firmware through an open-source alternative, such as DD-WRT. For this, you can check the listed steps below.
Steps to Upgrade Router Firmware to DD-WRT
- Open this URL: https://dd-wrt.com/support/router-database/
- Find your router model
- Download the firmware files
- Click on the “Administration” section from your router dashboard
- Select “Firmware Update” from the list of options available
- Hit on “Select File” and upload the firmware files downloaded earlier
After the installation completes, your router dashboard should look like this:
Setting Up OpenVPN on Your DD-WRT Firmware
- Download the OpenVPN Configuration Files from reliable VPN service like “ExpressVPN“
- Click the router dashboard for DD-WRT via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Hit on the “Services” tab and select the “VPN” sub-tab
- Enable “Start OpenVPN Client” from the list of protocols
Enter the OpenVPN Client Settings
Once the users of Sony PS4, PS5, and PS3 are entered the Open VPN Client Settings section then simply follow the instructions below in 2021.
- Server IP / Name: of the .ovpn file/server from ExpressVPN.
- Port Address: get this address form your VPN provider too.
- Tunnel Device: Select the “TUN” option.
- Tunnel Protocol: UDP or TCP.
- Encryption Cipher: AES-256-CBC
- Hash Algorithm: SHA256.
- Advanced Options: Enabled.
- TLS Cipher: not checked.
- LZO Compression: Adaptive.
- NAT: Disable.
- Firewall Protection: Enable.
- IP Address: leave blank.
- Subnet Mask: leave blank.
- Tunnel MTU setting: 1500.
- UDP Fragment:1450.
- Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix: Enable.
- nsCertType verification: Checked ✔
Connecting Your PlayStation® to VPN Router
- Turn on your PS4, PS5/PS3 and Open XMB Menu.
- Click on Settings > Go> Networking Settings.
- Select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose the “Use WiFi” option.
- Select the connection method as “Easy”.
- Wait for scanning available networks.
- Select your laptop’s mobile hotspot.
- Continue to Test Connection.
- Launch Hulu app and enjoy watching in the UK!
Method 3 – Connecting via SmartDNS on PlayStation
This is an obsolete method, but there are some SmartDNS services that are able to provide a strong enough DNS address for changing the Hulu region on your PlayStation® gaming console. Once you find one, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a SmartDNS service
- Obtain US DNS server addresses (primary and secondary) from your provider.
- Open your PS5/PS3/PS4 and navigate to the Network Settings.
- Choose Custom and Manual and enter the DNS server addresses you obtained
- Make a new PlayStation® Network account with your location in the US.
- Launch Hulu and watch US exclusive content within the United Kingdom.
The Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on PS4 [In-Depth Analysis)
Here is a detailed analysis of the best VPNs after inspecting their severs, unblocking strength, simultaneous connections, device compatibility, encryption, protocols supported, and most importantly, router compatibility.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on PS4
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest decisions to get Hulu on PS4, PS5, and PS3. It was founded in 2011. Provides a pre-configured router and a separate “application”, which you can install on your existing router.
With connectivity, it offers 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries, which use RAM infrastructure to deliver faster speeds and complete logging. You can stream videos to 5 devices at once, in addition to your PlayStation® gaming console.
- Works with All PlayStation Consoles
- 3,000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI (Safe Location)
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy (Two Audits)
- 5 Simultaneous Device Connections
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- Product is a Little Expensive
How to Install and Set Up ExpressVPN on PS4
We have already discussed the necessary details regarding the installation of a VPN on your PS4, PS5, and PS3. Additionally, here is a tutorial for you.
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on PS4
It is based in Panama, a safe jurisdiction to stream Hulu on PS4, PS5, and PS3 and on other gaming consoles like the Xbox series. It also offers a pre-configured router for users to set up VPN connections on Wi-Fi.
NordVPN has a large network of 5,400+ servers in 59+ countries around the world, including a list of installed servers. It performs well to access Hulu and other video sites on your PS4, no matter where you live in the UK!
- Easy-to-Use App for Ps4 Consoles
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
How to Install and Set Up NordVPN on PS4
Gaming consoles are widely used in the world to multiply the fun and entertainment together in one device. Here is a video tutorial for you regarding its setup and installation process.
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on PS4
The origin of Surfshark is the British Virgin Islands. It is a pocket-friendly Hulu VPN that works well for PS4, PS5, PS3, and other gaming consoles.
Even if you don’t have a dedicated app available, you can still use it easily due to its user-friendly interface. It offers access to 3,200+ servers in 63+ countries using obfuscation technology.
This allows them to convert VPN traffic to standard HTTPS. As a result, users of PS4 and others can easily access to the entire Hulu library while staying in the UK.
- Working Application for Ps4
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
How to Watch Hulu on PS4 in UK: FAQs
When it comes to figuring out how to watch Hulu on PS4, you may find yourself asking questions. Below are the most common questions and their answers:
Can I watch Hulu in the UK?
UK viewers will be happy to know that they can access Hulu. The reliable method is to use a good VPN service and connect one of its server locations to the United States region for hassle-free Hulu streaming.
Can I Watch Hulu on PS4?
Yes, Hulu is available for watching on PS4, PS5, and PS3 versions. Also, you can binge-watch all 75+ Hulu Live channels on your favorite gaming consoles, including the Xbox series.
How do I get Hulu on PS4 main menu?
- Use your PS4 controller to navigate at “TV & Video”
- Click on “Hulu” from the list of options available.
- The app will start if Hulu is already installed.
- If not; click on the “Download” button.
Is Watching Hulu illegal in the UK?
Since VPNs are privacy tools, people leave them on all the time when browsing. Therefore, even if you connect to a VPN to watch Hulu, you will not be doing any illegal activity. Enjoy streaming on your favorite PS4.
What VPN apps are available on PS4?
While PlayStation does offer a generous category of applications available on their gaming console, you have no native VPN apps. However, if you still want to use a VPN, you can get a pre-configured router from ExpressVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN.
The availability of the Hulu application on PS3 and PS4 transforms your gaming console into a complete box of entertainment. The only obstacle is geo-restrictions and VPN is a perfect solution for crossing this barrier from anywhere.