How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV in UK [December 2021 Updated]
As one of the best OTT media platforms in the industry, Hulu offers applications for all Smart TVs, including Android TVs, Apple TVs, and Fire TVs. However, if you want to learn how to watch Hulu in UK on Smart TV, you will need a VPN service.
Hulu is a binge-worthy platform and pays much attention to its viewer’s needs, but it is not accessible anywhere outside the US. I have listed some of the best VPNs in this guide, along with setup instructions for different Smart TVs. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
3 Best VPNs for Hulu on Smart TVs [Overview]
How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV in UK
Watching Hulu on Smart TVs is much harder than PCs or phones. Different models use different operating systems on smart TVs.
For instance, Android TV uses Android OS with minor modifications, Fire Stick devices use Fire OS, and Apple TV uses tvOS, similar to iOS with minor changes.
So the process of accessing Hulu on these devices is different. I have described each of these device methods below for your convenience and assistance!
How to Watch Hulu in UK on Android TVs
- Open “Google Play Store” from your Android TV
- Search for a VPN app like “ExpressVPN“
- Finish the downloading/installation process
- Launch the ExpressVPN app on your Android TV
- Connect to a server in the United States
- Open the Hulu website and enjoy streaming in UK!
How to Watch Hulu in UK on Apple TVs
- Sign up for a trusted VPN service like “ExpressVPN“
- Download/Install the ExpressVPN app on your iOS device
- Launch the downloaded VPN app and connect with a US-based server.
- Open the Hulu app, and click on the play button on any movie/TV show.
- (Your iOS device and Apple TV must be connected to the same network)
- Click the tab “Screen Mirror” and select your “Apple TV” device.
- Enjoy streaming all Hulu content in UK on your Apple TV!
How to Watch Hulu on Firestick in UK
- Sign-in with a Hulu compatible VPN like “ExpressVPN“
- Turn On your Firestick device and click on the “Settings” tab
- Choose “Device” from the list and move down to “Developer Options”
- Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources” and hit “Turn On.”
- Click on the home tab and search for “ExpressVPN” by typing in the search bar
- Hit on the “Get” button and Launch the VPN application once installed.
- Connect to a recommended Hulu Server in the United States.
- Open the Hulu app and enjoy streaming the Hulu library seamlessly!
How to Watch Hulu on Smart TVs (Router Method)
- Launch your browser and type “192.168.1.1” into the address bar
- Click on “Services” and hit on the “VPN” tab
- Launch the “OpenVPN Client” option and press on “Enable”
- Contact your VPN support team to get the “Router Settings“
- Enter the received settings in the router dashboard.
- Connect to a United States server from the router.
- Connect your Smart TV to the VPN connected router
- Visit official Hulu site and enjoy streaming!
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Smart TVs [Detailed Analysis]
We discussed earlier in this guide that VPN is essential to open Hulu on Smart TVs while staying in the UK. Check out our top recommendations for Smart TVs, depending on their router compatibility, server counts, unlock capabilities, pricing, and more!
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs
ExpressVPN performs extraordinary when it comes to opening geo-locked video content from famous sites like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and others.
It has 100+ US servers in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington, the largest network in the U.S. region.
- Compatible with All Smart TVs
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Expensive as compared to others!
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs
NordVPN is a perfect choice for unblocking Hulu. It has P2P-optimized servers. NordLynx-accelerated speed and Bitcoin support make it an attractive service.
Further, unblocking Netflix, BBC iPlayer has taken another advantage. It has 1970 + US-based servers available in 15 different US locations. Due to its headquarters in Panama, it is among the most secure VPNs.
- Works Smoothly on Smart TVs
- 5,500+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- OpenVPN configuration is a little tricky
3. Surfshark: Fastest VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs
Surfshark is incredibly safe to use. It has many solid security features that the central VPN does not offer and is very economical for buying. Further, it has a strict no-logs policy and claims a 30-days money-back guarantee offer.
It has speedy WireGuard connections. Having 500+ US servers are enough to open the entire Hulu library from the UK or another country outside the US region.
Additionally, it is also effective in unblocking geo-restricted content on other popular VOD content like Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and others.
- Compatible with All Smart TVs
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required for Security!
How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV in UK: FAQs
If you are confused on how to watch Hulu in UK on Smart TV and need answers to common questions, check out our frequently asked queries section below:
Can I access Hulu Live TV service on my Smart TV?
Hulu Live TV is compatible with all Smart TVs. You can watch all the 75+ Hulu Live channels and favorite Hulu shows on Android TV, Apple TV, Fire Stick, Samsung TV, and many more.
How do I get Hulu on my smart TV?
The process does not require any rocket science, but simply requires users to purchase a VPN subscription. Once installed, connect to a VPN server in the US, and enjoy streaming Hulu on Smart TVs!
How do I add Hulu to my TV?
If your Smart TV does not come equipped with the Hulu application, you can simply visit the relevant app store and hit the “Get” button or you could also cast your Android or iPhone Hulu screen.
Can I share a Hulu account?
You can download the Hulu app and activate your account on as many devices as you want. But you can stream Hulu from only two devices at a time. Compatible devices include Windows PC, Android Phones, iPhones, MacOS, Tablets, Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV, etc.
All popular Smart TVs are compatible with Hulu. If you want to access Hulu in UK on Smart TVs, get the best VPN and follow the instructions mentioned in the above guide.